Sunday, August 11, 2013

Paper Towel Curls

So I'm kind of a Pinterest junkie...but who isn't? I love to find fun crafts, yummy recipes, hair styling tips, and of course creative classroom ideas! I pin and pin and pin and sometimes forget to go back to my boards and rediscover the awesome things I've already seen! Since it is the summer, summer school is over, and I had a couple weeks of relaxation and nothing to do I decided to go back to my boards. Recently frustrated with my hair, I wanted to find something fun to do with my stubborn, flat tresses.

Paper Towel Curls Tutorial was something I saw on Pinterest and knew one day I wanted to try. Having a lot of free time on my hands (and I mean A LOT) I decided to give it a go. It was extremely easy to do and in the end I had the tight curls that are usually hard for my hair to hold. 

What to do...
  1. Wash hair and comb (I allowed my hair to towel dry/air dry until it was damp but not dry)
  2. Cut paper towels in 2 inch strips
  3. With the end of your hair, roll small sections of your hair into the paper towels to the root
  4. Tie the paper towels in one simple knot
  5. When hair is completely dry, take out paper towels
  6. Run your fingers through your hair and show off your curls!
What I discovered...
  • I wasn't able to tie the towels as close to my head as I would have liked
  • When in the towels, the curls were more loose than I anticipated
  • Smaller the section, the tighter the curl
 **Also, this tutorial suggests putting the curls in overnight, but I had a day of nothing to do. I set my curls in the morning and took them out about 6 hours later. The thicker sections were not as dry as I would have liked but they still turned out alright. I want to try this again to see how the paper towels and curls hold up overnight.

Next time I'll try to get these curls a little tighter!
Holding up pretty well, though!
My new messy curls :)
Going strong hours later! I think I like them even more now...


No comments:

Post a Comment