Sunday, August 11, 2013

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

One of my favorite summer veggies is zucchini because you can use zucchini in so many different ways! the best way to use it is with zucchini bread. It's delicious and I don't feel as guilty eating zucchini bread and I do with other sweet treats! I had a craving for it this week and decided to hit Pinterest for some inspiring recipes. I found this one and I just had to try it! I think it was the chocolate chips that convinced me...

I made a couple adaptations for myself, but followed the original recipe pretty closely. This recipe made two large loaves.

Ingredients:

  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
  • 2 heaping cups of grated raw zucchini (1 large zucchini)
    • **NOTE: Original recipe called for finely grated, but I found that it made it very watery. Also, you will want to peel the zucchini of it's skin before grating.
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
  • 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • Chocolate chips
Recipe:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Grease and lightly flour 2 9x5 loaf pans
  3. Beat eggs until light and foamy
  4. Combine wet ingredients: sugar, oil, vanilla, zucchini...mix lightly but well
  5. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon
  6. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well
  7. Divide batter into 2 pans filling pans evenly
  8. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. (I would recommend lightly pushing chocolate chips into batter...they did not sink as much as I anticipated. Although they made a lovely chocolatey crust!)
  9. Bake for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean. (Mine took about and hour and 10 minutes.)
  10. Cool and enjoy!


This seriously turned out so well! It was moist and yummy and the best part...chocolatey! Super easy to make and well worth it! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment